Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fig Jargon: February 2014


I'm going to try something different and do the Jargon at the end of the month. Hopefully that way I can actually say something about final products.



Item: Levi 1/8 PVC
Series: "Shingeki no Kyojin"
Company: Sentinel
Price: 8,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Everyone was freaking out over ordering this, though I passed because he's so small. The face looks fantastic and everyone else looks spot-on. My only qualm is the fact that the Corps symbol is a 3D piece and it looks odd.


Item: Kagami Sumika 1/7 PVC
Series: "Muv-Luv Alternative"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 9,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This looks great! If you're digging it, I suggest snagging at via the CDJapan link above; she's 30% off!


Item: Sonico -After Taking Bath- prize
Series: "Nitro Super Sonic"
Company: FuRyu
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
Ahh, my own pre-order for this month. My sexy Sonico collection is growing (and it's NOT killing my wallet!).


Item: Kuroki Tomoko Nendoroid
Series: "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3,619yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This may be the next series I watch. The faces.... are something else.


Item: Nami MUGIWARA Ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: MegaHouse
Price: 7,000yen
MyFig link.
I was THIS close to pre-ordering this, but I chose something else instead. She is very nice, but over time I've lost interest in her for some reason.


Item: GUMI Whisper 1/8 PVC
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Aquamarine
Price: 9,333yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I like this version more than Aquamarine's first; the face sculpt and overall paint job are better. And I won't lie, the fang helps.


Item: Akemi Homura 1/3 Vinyl Doll
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Azone
Price: 60,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
When I first started looking into dolls, I wasn't too keen on the painted eyes. But as I've become more educated and exposed to them, I like them just as much as the arylic eyes. It even works better, depending on the style (such as on any of the Madoka girls or Azone's Utena). If I ever got a doll from this series, it would be Nagisa (you know it's coming), though this Homura does look nice.


Item: Hatsune Miku Sakura ver. Pullip doll
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Groove
Price: 18,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Now, Pullips dolls on the other hand.... Yeah, not a fan. I may never own the Kagamine ones because I just don't like how they look AT ALL.


Item: Kousaka Honoka Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Love Live! School Idol Project"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 7,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This is so bright and happy, it just makes me smile for no reason. If I wasn't trying to save, I'd get it just for that reason.


Item: Zodd Polystone Statue
Series: "Berserk"
Company: Art of War
Price: 65,000yen
MyFig link.
I would really like for other companies besides Art of War to produce "Berserk" statues. Their stuff is nice, but so limited and pricey, it's near impossible to get.


Item: Guts The Hawks ver. Real Action Heroes
Series: "Berserk"
Company: Medicom Toy
Price: 23,620yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This is a bit better. The detail is awesome and dat sword!


Item: Ryougi Shiki 1/8 PVC
Series: "Gekijouban Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 8,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Nice and simple. I love kimonos.


Item: Kunou 1/8 PVC
Series: "Highschool DxD"
Company: Chara-Ani and Toy's Works
Price: 9,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This is rather cute. Her calves are sexy.


Item: Gotou Matabei 1/6 Cold Cast Statue
Series: "Hyakka Ryouran"
Company: Aizu Project
Price: 17,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Love the dynamics and the butt wins.


Item: Komaki Manaka Bunny ver. 1/5 PVC
Series: "To Heart 2"
Company: Orca Toys
Price: 12,190yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I do not own a bunny girl figurine. That seems.... wrong. I like the size of this one and her hair.



Item: Celia Cumani Aintree Repaint ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Walkure Romanze: Shoujo Kishi Monogatari"
Company: Kaitendoh
Price: 7,200yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
HELLLOOOO NURSE.


Item: Katou Marika 1/8 PVC
Series: "Mouretsu Pirates"
Company: Amakuni
Price: 9,333yen
MyFig link.
Exclusive, so if missed the proxy pre-order, you'll mos likely be paying more on the secondary market. I still need to see this show sometime (maybe....).



So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

2 comments:

  1. You STILL HAVEN'T SEEN Watamote???!!!

    Got her (Tomoko) and the Aquamarine Gumi this month. New Gumi is as you say: very good and Aquamarine is improving with each new release. Still a bit shiny, perhaps.

    Good article, as always. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know, I'm horrible, but I'm stick catching up on "Futurama." :P

    The shine on GUMI does put me off a bit. I got to her the first one in person at a con and I was blown away by the glare. I also think I'm getting to be a big scale whore, since I see 1/8 ones now and can't help but go, "Ohhhh, so tiny."

    ReplyDelete