Monday, December 23, 2013

Fig Jargon: December 2013


Man, has this holiday season been as crazy for everyone else as it has been for me? >.>



Item: Strength TV Animation Ver. Nendoroid
Series: "Black★Rock Shooter"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 4,286yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Honestly, if this wasn't STR, I'd pass after having so many issues with recent Nendos and figmas. But both my husband and I love her so much she's joining our collection. I will say that the insane face will be going in and probably never coming back out.


Item: Sonico SoniComi Package ver. 1/5 PVC
Series: "SoniComi"
Company: Orchid Seed
Price: 11,429yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
It was really hard for me to not order this amazing beauty. She's got it all: an interesting outfit, a great butt, and good size. If you got this, congrats and I'm extremely jealous.


Item: Flandre Scarlet 1/8 PVC
Series: "Touhou Project"
Company: Ques Q
Price: 10,000yen
MyFig link.
Here's another one I hated to let fly by. She comes with an alternate expression that I'm in love with.


Item: "Peace Keeper" Daisy 1/6 PVC
Series: Based on an illustration by Tony Taka
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 9,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
People went a little crazy over this one and I can see why. Even if you're like me and not really into girly fairy girls, she looks really, really nice.


Item: Kaname Madoka Maiko ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 9,524yen
MyFig link.
SHE'S A MANIAC, MANIAC~


Item: Colossal Titan Nendoroid
Series: "Shingeki no Kyojin"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 4,571yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This, like Mikudayo, is more of a gag fig to me. Funny to look at, but not worth the cash for me personally.


Item: Sailor Mars S.H.Figuarts
Series: "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon"
Company: Bandai
Price: 4,200yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I really thought about getting this one so I can pose her all yuri-like with the upcoming Venus, but I held my ground and passed.


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2011 ver. prize
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Sega
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
Ahh, Sega, coming and and recusing the day with affordable prize Racing Mikus. THANKYOU. I'm passing on this one but I'll be sure to pick up the 2012 version.


Item: Matsumi Kuro 1/8 PVC
Series: "Saki Achiga-hen Episode of Side-A"
Company: Art Spirits
Price: 8,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Cute and simple. I love the fact that it comes with three difference expressions; more figurines should have that.


Item: Misaka Mikoto Swimsuit ver. 1/6 PVC
Series: "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 8,000yen
MyFig link.
THIS is how you do a swimsuit figure! Not only is her pose not bland, the wet shirt looks amazing. And her prize is to die for, though as an exclusive you'd have to get her via a proxy.


Item: Noel Vermillion 1/7 PVC
Series: "BlazBlue"
Company: Vertex
Price: 8,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
My husband was considering this at first, but passed because the leg and outfit bothered him so much. She just looks like a mess to me.


Item: Kousaka Kirino One piece ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"
Company: Alphamax
Price: 7,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I do like this (and the matching Kuroneko) but I'm not a huge fan of the outfit design itself.


Item: Kousaka Kirino Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 8,400yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Griffon is capable of non-Griffon face and I do love Kirino, but this is rather boring. I do like the pulling down of one side of the bottom, that is sexy.


Item: Kuroneko/Gokou Sweet Lolita ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 8,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I do need a Kuroneko in my collection, but I don't care much for the outfit (not a fan of baby-doll style).


Item: Alice Margatroid 1/6 PureNeemo Doll
Series: "Touhou Project"
Company: Azone
Price: 12,000yen
MyFig link.
So I'm looking into getting my first doll here soon. It'll be a custom, not too expensive build to start out, most likely 1/6. I don't care much for Alice herself, but her boots here look awesome.


Item: Yagyu Jubei 1/3 Doll
Series: "Hyakka Ryouran"
Company: Azone
Price: 48,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Let's roll right into another doll. Going from 1/6 to 1/3 scale is a huge jump in price but damn, the 1/3 ones are nice.


Item: Tokisaki Kurumi 1/8 PVC
Series: "Date A Live"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 11,400yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I can't help but look at this and go "Black Rock Shooter?" While I love the dress and colors, I'm 99% sure the final product will be a huge disappointment.


Item: Eleking non-scale PVC
Series: "Ultraseven"
Company: Plex
Price: 9,000yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
No clue what this is or what it's about but I like the idea.


Item: Yaya 1/8 PVC
Series: "Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 11,400yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
While I like the overall look of this, she suffers from Griffon-face and is overpriced.


Item: Mikazuki Yozora Gym Uniform ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 8,200yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Personally I can't stand this character, but even if you're a fan, I'd suggest waiting because this is Griffon and it'll probably hit bargain bin after release.


Item: Isshiki Akane Uniform Wanko ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Vividred Operation"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 9,200yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This one is just ugly. Her face looks blank and her hand looks really malformed.


Item: Psylocke 1/7 Bishoujo Statue PVC
Series: "X-Men"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 6,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Let's end with a Bishoujo. The final product images show that this one's eyes aren't nearly as messed up as some of the others in this series but her eyebrows look like twigs. Ick.


So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment