Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fig Jargon: August 2013


August is a surprising light month for me, as the only figs I have on pre-order are prizes and trading ones. Doesn't mean there aren't some nice ones this month though!



Item: Sailor Moon S.H.Figuarts
Series: "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon"
Company: Bandai
Price: 4,200yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I would say this is the most anticipated figurine of this month. I did have her on order but had to cancel in an effort to cut back. I'm really holding out in hopes that the previewed Figuarts ZERO one will be affordable. Though I'm sure I'll end up ordering Venus' Figuarts because she's my favorite~


Item: FNC PM Figure prize
Series: "Upotte!"
Company: Sega
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
I showed this to my husband a few months back when I first found it and he just told me to order it. There is a sad shortage of "Upotte!" figs out there (as in, this is the only one). We're really wondering if she will have her "skeleton stock" or not....


Item: Makinami Mari Illustrious PM Figure prize
Series: "Evangelion Shin Gekijouban"
Company: Sega
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
On the other side, I missed pre-orders for this one, which sucks because I love Mari. I hope there's some leftover after she ships, 'cause me wanty.


Item: Belldandy & Holy Bell 1/10 PVC
Series: "Aa Megami-sama"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 18,857yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I guess this is technically two figs, but uhhhh, it's not big enough for me. Plus, the times I've been it on video and how it kept wobbling every time it was moved or something near it moved made me very nervous, so I hope the final product is really stable.


Item: Insane Black★Rock Shooter TV Animation ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Black★Rock Shooter"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 13,143yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Is this going to release this month? Maybe. I'm still betting it'll hit bargain bin like Ultimate Madoka did. I do love it, but I'm not throwing down the cash on top of what is sure to be expensive as hell shipping.


Item: Kuroyukihime & Black Lotus Death by Embracing ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: "Accel World"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 10,286yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I'm more okay with this price because you're basically getting two figurines in one and both look great. I can't get past how awesome the liquid-base looks.


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2012 ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 8,381yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Personally, I prefer the overall look of FREEing's version. However, I'm guessing one or both will hit bargain bin, so I'll wait and see if I feel like picking one up then or not.


Item: Akemi Homura Real Action Heroes
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Good Smile Company, Max Factory, and Medicom Toy
Price: 20,952yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
The only "Madoka" RAHs I have any interest in are Mami and Kyouko, but I can't really throw the cash at them. Homura and Madoka are my least liked characters, so phfft on them. However, if you want a good-sized and NICE action fig of her, snag one. Also this month Kyouko's casual clothes figma releases as well.


Item: Kousaka Kirino Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"
Company: Chara-Ani
Price: 6,648yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I'd like this a lot more if she wasn't in a swimsuit. :/ Love her face, but not digging the outfit.


Item: Gokou Ruri Shironeko ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai"
Company: Chara-Ani
Price: 7,600yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
This one is a bit better, as the outfit adds a lot to it. She looks so embarrassed, it's adorable.


Item: Ichijou Manami 1/7 PVC
Series: "Menkui!"
Company: Orchid Seed
Price: 8,286yen
MyFig link.
Sexiness~ The face looks great (beautiful eyes) but my favorite part are her lips around the straw.


Item: Katsuragi 1/8 PVC
Series: "Senran Kagura"
Company: Phat Company
Price: 8,381yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I really need to watch this series because I'm in love with the character designs, especially this one. She's just cute, blonde, and those SHOES. Love them!


Item: Haruno Sakura 1/8 Polyresin Statue
Series: "NARUTO"
Company: Tsume
Price: 34,800yen
MyFig link.
"NARUTO" is a series that, originally, I was in love with (hell, I have a Konoha leaf tattoo! I like spiral things, shutup). Everything from before the time-skip is awesome, but it seemed to lose something after that. But one good thing from the later half is that Sakura actually became USEFUL and BADASS. So yeah, I approve of this.


Item: Lala Satalin Deviluke Yukata ver. prize
Series: "To LOVEru Darkness"
Company: FuRyu
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
WHY A KUJI PRIZE WHY?! D: She's so cute, but I'm scared she'll skyrocket on the secondary market....


Item: Messenger Girl 1/7 PVC
Series: Original character
Company: Kaitendoh
Price: 8,800yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Re-release. Not the best out there, bit I kind of like it. She has a great stance and the way her head tilts is sexy.


Item: Guts The Hawks ver. figma
Series: "Berserk"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3,619yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
It's nice to see other companies besides Art of War doing "Berserk" stuff but I want a nice PVC, not a tiny and flimsy action figure.


Item: Tsukuyomi Sasami Pajamas ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Sasami-san@Ganbaranai"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 9,400yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Having two expressions is nice, but this is Griffon, so the final quality will probably not be worth the retail price. It's a shame, because she is rather cute. HOWEVER, GSC is releasing a Nendoroid of her this month!


Item: Isshiki Akane Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Vividred Operation"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 7,600yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
However, this Griffon one looks promising. Here's hoping the final product is as nice looking as the prototype.


Item: Lucy Heartfila 1/7 PVC
Series: "Fairy Tail"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 8,381yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
A cute blonde who wears blue? YES. Though simple, this one screams "attitude" due to her posture and grin. If I was a fan of the series, I'd be getting this.


Item: Cattleya Swimsuit ver. 1/4.5 Statue
Series: "Queen's Blade"
Company: A+
Price: 16,500yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
I'm more of a DFC kind of person, but I do like that this character does have some meat on her bones. Some angles look better than others and she definitely looks better with no clothes. Plus she's huge, which is awesome.


Item: Sonico SQ prize
Series: "Nitro Super Sonic"
Company: Banpresto
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
This fig seems to be everywhere at once. The jersey jacket, a tee, a corset, and frilly, poodle-like skirt? It just doesn't work for me.


Item: Shinonono Houki Akatsubaki ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "IS: Infinite Stratos"
Company: AmiAmi Zero
Price: 18,857yen
MyFig link.
✰Purchase at CDJapan✰
Holycrapthatpricetag. I mean, yeah, it looks cool, but I'm not much into mecha so I can't be interested at all.


So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment