Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fig Jargon: January 2013


Not a ton catching my eye this first month of the new year; for my wallet, that's a good thing!



Item: GUMI Nendoroid
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3,333yen
MyFig link.
My only order for this month (please don't get delayed!!). I love GUMI's design and I'm super happy she got a riding carrot and goggles over her eyes.


Item: Asmodeus 1/8 PVC
Series: The Seven Deadly Sins
Company: Hobby Japan and Orchid Seed
Price: 9,333yen
MyFig link.
Ahhh, this line of figurines! If I had the money, I'd order them all, but I'm saying no to the whole line (though it was really, really hard to say no to Leviathan -_-).


Item: Yamada Aoi prize PVC
Series: "Working!!"
Company: SEGA
Price: 1,500yen
MyFig link.
TOO CUTE!!!! Ahhh, I need to be rich.... Might have to ask permission to buy this one, since it's cheap.


Item: Kousaka Tamaki Bunny ver. 1/5 PVC
Series: "To Heart 2"
Company: Orca Toys
Price: 12,191yen
MyFig link.
I love bunny girls (big surprise there) and the size of this one is great, not to mention the sexy look on her face. If the final product is as good as the prototype, I will be greatly tempted to get this.


Item: Yagyu Jubei 1/6 Polystone
Series: "Hyakka Ryouran"
Company: Q-six
Price: 16,800yen
MyFig link.
Oh man, I REALLY love the dynamics of this one! But I'm super nervous about ever ordering polystone statues from overseas, since there is a good chance they will arrive with at least one piece broken.


Item: Souryuu Asuka Langley Q ver. 1/6 Real Action Heroes
Series: "Neon Gensis Evangelion"
Company: Medicom Toy
Price: 18,000yen
MyFig link.
After (finally) getting to play with the single RAH I own (BRS), I LOVE THEM and I now desire more. Loving the Rebuild movies, but money is tight, but man, this is sexy.


Item: Vash the Stampede 1/8 PVC
Series: "Trigun"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 9,500yen
MyFig link.
Ahhh, I loved this series. This is really dynamic and looks great, but the price!! D:


Item: Amane Suzuha 1/8 PVC
Series: "Steins;Gate"
Company: Alter
Price: 11,800yen
MyFig link.
This is nice (and sexy), but what I'd rather have is this one (if the money is there and the final product is good).


Item: Asama Tomo 1/7 PVC
Series: "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 9,333yen
MyFig link.
This just makes me giggle. Just not enough to buy.


Item: Oda Nobuna 1/8 PVC
Series:
Company: Papagino Products
Price: 6,800yen
MyFig link.
Now THIS is a little different. I love the extreme hair and coy look; it reminds me a little bit of the '90's. Pretty cheap too.


Item: Perona Portrait Of Pirates "Sailing Again" 1/8 PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: MegaHouse
Price: 7,800yen
MyFig link.
My husband and I each own one P.O.P. of our favorite character (one Ace and one Nami), so this line doesn't really attract our attention a lot. The ghosts are cute though.


Item: Saigyouji Yuyuko 1/8 PVC
Series: Touhou Project
Company: Ques Q
Price: 11,200yen
MyFig link.
If I was a Yuyuko fan.... But I'm not, but this does look nice. Not sure if it's worth the price tag though.


Item: Fujiwara no Mokou Phoenix ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: Touhou Project
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 9,800yen
MyFig link.
Alright, a Griffon piece that's not a re-release! I made a promise to only buy Scarlet Sister pieces (and am holding to it), but the fire looks great here. Beings quality issues, my biggest beef with Griffon's Touhou girls is that the faces tend to all look the same and have netural expressions. How much more awesome would this one be if Mokou had a "GET READY I'M COMING FOR YOU" look?


Item: Kisaragi Saya 1/8 PVC
Series: "Blood-C"
Company: Art Spirits
Price: 8,500yen
MyFig link.
I really enjoyed the anime series (especially the last episode) and look forward to the movie, but Saya was my least favorite character, so I have no desire to own this one (though it does look nice).


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2012 ver. figma
Series: VOCALOID series
Company: Max Factory
Price: 7,000yen
MyFig link.
My favorite Racing Miku design so far. I would have ordered her, but I am a firm believer that 7k is too much for a figma or Nendo.


Item: Little Red Riding Hood 1/6 Candy Resin & PVC
Series: Fairy Tale Figure line
Company: Kaitendoh and Lechery
Price: 9,800yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. Okay, this is sexy. And I love that base. <33 WANT.
Item: Djibril 1/7 PVC
Series: "Makai Tenshi Djibril"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 7,140yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. Haven't seen this anime, but I LOVE this design. Price is right and if I had the money she would be mine.


Item: Hatsune Miku World is Mine ver. 1/8 PVC (Brown or Black frame)
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 8,381yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. I love the different approach to this one and everyone I know who has it loves her. Too bad I'm a Kagamine fan. :P But if you like Miku, make sure to pick her up!


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2010 ver. Nendoroid
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 7,000yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. This design is cute and all, but the re-release doesn't come with the car, only decals (according to people on MFC, no clear YES or NO on the order page). No thank you.


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2011 ver. Nendoroid
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 7,000yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. This one comes with a new trophy, and no car? I'm not 100% sure. Too bad, I LOVE this design, but so expensive for a Nendo. The figma re-release is the same.


Item: Sonico Bondage ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: Nitro Super Sonic
Company: Orchid Seed
Price: 8,286yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. I still want this figurine a year later, since it's my current favorite PVC of Sonico. But I hate how tiny her feet are. >< I'm currently holding out for Orchid Seed's PKG 1/5 ver, so I'll be getting that one (if I have the cash).


Item: Cryska Barchenowa Lingerie ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: "Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse"
Company: Alpha Max
Price: 6,800yen
MyFig link.
Re-release. My husband owns this one, with no knowledge of origin; he just likes it. It's actually very nice, so if you like girls in little clothing and guns, I recommend it! My only real gripe is that her left leg does not rest evenly on the ground.



So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE Amane Suzuha's BIKE (great detail, spokes're a little heavy but otherwise ...) but DON'T like HER (too skinny, even 'though that's probably part of the art style of the show)(which I've not seen)(even though it's s'posed to be excellent).

    Agree on Griffon's 1/8th Touhou series: that static facial expression degrades the figures. I've coined the term "GRIFFONFACE" to pigeonhole it. Griffy's since put the woah on new figs again (still waiting for Parsee Mizuhashi DAMBIT GRIFFY GET WITH IT!)

    Soniko's feet are too small? So, who's looking at her FEET? (another of BunBun's fetishes revealed)

    Looking forward to GUMI Nendo, Alice Margatroid Nendo, and re-released PervyWoody this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huke also designed the BRS characters, so the long, super skinny thing is part of his art style. By the way, I HIGHLY recommend "Steins;Gate." The only reason I haven't bought it on video yet is because I'm hoping they're do a complete set instead of the split they have out now.

      Griffonface looks good on some, but man, it really bugs me when it's on a figurine that's in action. Thankfully the 1.7 Scarlet Sisters at least have a different expression.

      Uh, I like feet? That's not a secret or anything. XD I find the human feet to be a fascinating thing because of how complex it is.

      I'm sad I had to let go of my second Woody, but money was too tight. I'm really worried about Yamato's Velvet re-release, since she was originally slated for December, then changed to the seventh of January, but now the site says that pre-orders close on the seventh? WTF.

      Delete