Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Kagamine Rin & Len!


Click image to see the full-size version!

Today (or yesterday, if you live in Japan!) marks the fifth anniversary of the yellow Crypton Vocaloids. In those five years no other Vocaloid has even come close to their positions near my heart and I'd like to celebrate alongside my readers.



First I want to share just a few of my favorite Kagamine songs from the past year. I had to limit myself. XD


Utsu-P feat. Kagamine Rin - "Baka wa Anomaly ni Akogareru"
Utsu-P is my favorite producer and I'm so happy he's using Rin (but where's Len?? D:). I'm a huge fan of his "THE DYING MESSAGE" song, but ever since this one came out, I've been torn between which is my favorite. If you love metal, then here's your song for the year.



Orebanana-P & Giga-P feat. Kagamine Rin - "Tsukema Tsukeru"
I'll be honest, I love the Vocaloid covers more than Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's originals. These two producers are some of the BEST Kagamaine tuners, hands down.



viper-P feat. Kagamine Rin - "nanairo moon"
These electro-beat songs are where I personally think Vocaloids shine. There's something about their unique vocals that blend so well with that music style.



Takkyuu Shounen feat. Kagamine Len - "Dare Demo Ii Kara Tsuki Aitai"
This may win this year's earworm song award. I canNOT stop looping this!



Owata-P & cosMo@Bousou-P feat. Kagamine Len - "Magical☆Neko Len Len Evangelion"
While I love the image of Len being a great big brother to Rin, there's just something about him being embarrassed that tickles my funny bone.



Lettuce-P feat. Kagamine Len - "lll Toluthin Antenna lll"
Something this catchy should be illegal....



Owata-P feat. Kagamine Rin & Len - "Mahjong Chuudoku"
Owata-P, while best known for his humorous songs, is rather good at rock beats as well. This song is a perfect example of that.



Neru feat. Kagamine Rin & Len - "Saikyouiku"
This looks to be my favorite track on the upcoming Neru album to be released by EXIT TUNES early next year (which I am ordering as soon as CDJapan adds it to their site). I can't express anything I don't enjoy about this one.



Hitoshizuku-P feat. Kagamine Rin & Len - "Synchronicity Part 3: Meguru Sekai no Requiem"
I don't care who you are, if you've followed this series, then you will shed manly tears during this trilogy finale.



Giga-P feat. Kagamine Rin & Len - "Suki, Kirai (Arrange Cover)"
A rearrange of Fernando-P's original, which was already great, but is upped higher with Giga-P's amazing tuning.

If you want to search for more videos on NicoNico, you can use the Kagamine Rin tag and the Kagamine Len tag.


Here's a few more recent news tidbits about the twins.

Just the other day SEGA uploaded a new promotional video showcasing two new Kagamine songs and modules for next year's "Project DIVA F" PS3 game.

KarenT is holding a special for the twins, featuring eleven new albums.

Artists all across pixiv have shared their Kagamine drawings for their birthday. You can view them by searching this year's birthday tag. My drawing can be seen here.


One day I want to write an entire entry about why I love Rin and Len so much, so I won't gush too much here. However, I would like to point out that my Kagamine army has been growing, with thirty-nine items currently in my collection and eighteen others ordered. However, I am still missing over fifty pieces (this is only counting what is listed on MFC). My biggest wants are the Volks PVCs, and the actual programs themselves. I know I will never have a complete collection (I'm not rich!), but by not having those items my collection feels very empty. One day, one day!

So please readers, comment and say why you love the blondes, which songs were your favorites, what you would like to see happen with them in the future. Five years is nothing to sneeze at, but I can't wait to have it ten~!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm bummed that I didn't take a special photo of them ;3;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still do one! Maybe something like Len crying over forgetting their birthday?

      Delete