Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Sailor Moon Merchandise Announced


Image from Dengeki Hobby

With the upcoming new "Sailor Moon" anime, we knew new products were coming and the first wave has been previewed.



According to ANN (whose original source was Dengeki Hobby), Bandai has announced a new line of "Sailor Moon" items in both their S.H. Figuarts line and their chibi-arts line.



S.H. Figuarts; Image from Moeyo


S.H. Figuarts; Image from Dengeki Hobby

I own one S.H. Figuarts (Nami), but I actually haven't even opened her, so I can't say anything about the line from personal experience, but from what I'm seen from others, they appear to be very pose-able (more so than figmas).



chibi-arts; Image from Moeyo

I, sadly, do not own any of the chibi-arts, though they all look adorable. I simiply love Sailor Moon's eyes on this one, it's just perfect.

It appears, according to the posted prototypes, that perhaps the remake will not change any of the original anime designs (even the eye style is the same). This is actually surprises, as I was expecting them to at least change the basic face style to be "more moe;" if they do not, then count me as one happy Bunny! One of the great things about series is it's 90's appearance.

My personal guess is Bandai will also release prize figurines and maybe even some scales. It will also be interesting to see what other companies will release stuff; I'm guessing Nendoroids and figmas, for sure, but I would really love some new scales that have great poses. I'm not if I'll be able to get everything, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try (or at least everything Venus releated).


Besides figurines, Kodansha also announced a brand new art book, to be release both in Japan, the USA, and five other countries. The artbook will feature some of Takeuchi Naoko's works from the previous five official artbooks, as well as unpublished works, plus some bonus material (the Parallel short, perhaps?). Consider this already bought for me.

Lastly, RightStuf has listed a new manga boxset by Kodansha, which will hold the first six volumes, plus a set of stickers. The retail price is listed as $65.94, but you can buy it from RightStuf for $49.46 or from Amazon for $39.90 (these prices may change at any time though!). The release date is November 20th. I currently only have the first two volumes (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm behind) so I'll probably buy this and sell my others.



I cannot stop being excited for the relaunch~! "Sailor Moon," even years and years later, still remains one of my favorite series of all time. It was one of those things that all of my friends enjoyed and it helped us bond.


On another note, I haven't had much time to myself inbetween my job and moving. I'm ALMOST done reorganizing stuff, so hopefully I can get some art and reviews done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment