Friday, August 31, 2012

Fig Jargon: September 2012


I actually have only two items on order for this month, though my husband is getting the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set, so money is being spent!



Item: Kamui Gakupo Nendoroid
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3,333yen
MyFig link.
I WILL own all the (base) Vocaloid Nendos and figmas (I can only wish to own some of the exclusive)! Gakupo is too adorable here and I love his eggplant mount, though I was saddened to see that they didn't include the face in the center on the right.


Item: Nendoroid Petit: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Extension Set 01
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 1,143yen
MyFig link.
The day this opened for pre-orders, I snagged two sets; one for myself and one for my best friend because she ADORES Charlotte. I only own the Petit Kyouko (casual clothes) but I don't care, I want Charlotte! I hope they will release more witches in the future.


Item: Sakura Kyouko 1/8 PVC
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 7,429yen
MyFig link.
I really, really, REALLY want this (and Mami's) but I passed due to money and the fact that I'd be compiled to buy the entire set if I got a single one. I'm really tempted anyway, I'll be honest. It doesn't help I KNOW she'll be delayed to October, so that's another month to tempt me. >.<


Item: Hatsune Miku Racing 2011 1/8 PVC
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 8,381yen
MyFig link.
I was REALLY tempted to order this one (and still am) but then I saw the 2012 version and am throwing all my money at that one instead.


Item: Jack Skellington Disney Premium Figure
Series: "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
Company: SEGA
Price: 1,500yen
MyFig link.
Okay, THIS is cool. I've really thought about ordering this one, but other bills keep getting in the way. If I see him at a con for a decent price though I'm snagging him.


Item: Honma Meiko Swimsuit ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 6,479yen
MyFig link.
I love "Anohana" and we do have Alter's Menma on order and I thought about this (her mouth looks AMAZING) but her being in a swimsuit just seems.... odd? I dunno, but I don't feel 100% compiled to order her; that may change if I see her in person though.


Item: Remilia Scarlet Gungnir ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Touhou Project"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 8,500yen
MyFig link.
I ended up passing on Griffon's Flandre ver. 2 because it wasn't different enough from the original version. The same is true for this Remilia, it's not too different (and less epic) than the 1/7 version.


Item: Houjuu Nue PVC
Series: "Touhou Project"
Company: Aquamarine
Price: 6,650yen
MyFig link.
This is adorable, different, and I love it. This makes me excited for their future IA PVC, though I'll probably have to pass on it as well.


Item: Arita Haruyuki Nendoroid
Series: "Accel World"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3,619yen
MyFig link.
Know nothing, but the very unique character design is great. Her wings and umbrella are really nice.


Item: Stocking Anarchy 1/8 PVC
Series: "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Company: Alter
Price: 8,800yen
MyFig link.
See my comments on their Kneesocks in July's Jargon. While nice looking, I'm not willing to spend that amount on a boring pose anymore unless I REALLY like the character.


Item: Monkey D. Luffy Figure Collosseum PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: Banpresto
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.
This looks amazing, but it's no where to be found. :(


Item: Blanc Neige 1/7 PVC
Series: "Shining Tears"
Company: Orchid Seed
Price: 9,333yen
MyFig link.
I know next to nothing about the "Shining" series expect that Tony Taka does the illusrations and that my husband owns one figurine from it just because he likes how it looks. But this figurine really catches my eye because of DAT BASE. It would look amazing if it had some LEDs installed. Passed though, since the base was the only thing I really liked.


Item: Yagyu Jubei Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Hyakka Ryouran"
Company: AmiAmi Zero
Price: 7,400yen
MyFig link.
There's a lot of swimsuit figs of this character, aren't there? Well, I can see why, she's VERY attractive (my husband even wants this one one day). I really dig the hair the most, if you can believe that.


Item: Etna and Prinny CharaGumin Garage Kit
Series: "Makai Senki Disgaea"
Company: Volks
Price: 14,000yen
MyFig link.
Colored resin GKs are kind of cool, and I still cry over not having their Lime kit but the price really throws me.


Item: Yuzuriha Inori 1/8 PVC
Series: "Guilty Crown"
Company: "Good Smile Company"
Price: 7,429yen
MyFig link.
This show can die in a fire. :/ However, I will admit Inori's design is beautiful and so is this fig (five bucks says it get delayed!). But I couldn't oay the money for this because I would rage that blow that much on something from a show I hate; maybe I'll get a gashupon or something one day.


Item: Touwa Erio 1/8 PVC
Series: "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko"
Company: CM's Corporation
Price: 8,800yen
MyFig link.
This series was a waste of time, in my opinion. Though I love Erio's design, its ghe same for this series as it is for anything from "Guilty Crown." Not gonna do it, nope.


Item: Tachibana Hibiki figma
Series: "Senki Zesshou Symphogear"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3,333yen
MyFig link.
I want this and her Nendo just for THIS FACE. But I can't justify buying a fig just for a face plate, no matter how awesome it (seriously, I WANT THAT FACE).


Item: Guts Band of the Hawk 2012 Ver. Clear Coloring Edition 1/10 Polystone Statue
Series: "Berserk"
Company: Art of War
Price: 22,000yen
MyFig link.
That price for a 1/10.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And no, I don't care if it's polystone and limited to 100 pieces.


Item: Asama Tomo Beach Queens 1/10 PVC
Series: "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon"
Company: Wave
Price: 3,800yen
MyFig link.
BOOBIES. No seriously, that's all I have.


Item: Kusanagi Motoko Gutto-Kuru Figure Collection (#52)
Series: "Koukaku Kidotai S.A.C."
Company: CM's Corporation
Price: 9,800yen
MyFig link.
Both my husband and I have an issue w/ spending a lot of money on action figs (him more so than me, I love figmas). We do own two RAHs, but the price on this Major tears at my heart because she looks great for an action fig (a lot of visible joints ruin them for us).


Item: Makise Kurisu Hybrid Active Figure
Series: "Steins;Gate"
Company: Azone
Price: 50,000yen
MyFig link.
I don't own any BJDs and there's a good reason: they cost an arm and a leg. That's the ONLY reason I don't own any and if I was made of money this would be on my ordered list like crazy.


Item: Milla Maxwell 1/8 PVC
Series: "Tales of Xillia"
Company: Alter
Price: 7,800yen
MyFig link.
Passing because I don't know a thing about this series but I do like the outfit design and the hair is amazing.


Item: Kinoshita Hideyoshi 1/7 PVC
Series: "Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 6,800yen
MyFig link.
A trap? Oh, a bishounen (yep, know nothing here). Griffon, being hit or miss, I usually avoid unless it's a character I have to have, so pass though the concept is nice and different.


Item: Hinako 1/7 PVC
Series: "Isshoni Training Ofuro: Bathtime with Hinako & Hiyoko"
Company: AmiAmi Zero
Price: 7,600yen
MyFig link.
I've seen this fig change release dates so much it makes me VERY gald I passed on her, because I would have raged. She was originally slated for a December 2011 release and it's getting near to the end of 2012! Though this release date is supposed to the final, we'll see. For such a long wait, she'd better be spot-on; if she is, I may consider purchasing her down the road.


Item: Harley Quinn 1/7 PVC
Series: "Batman"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 6,200yen
MyFig link.
I don't think I'll ever own a Bishoujo Statue, because all of the final products disappoint me, which is said because they have such promise. I'm not a big DC or Marvel fan, but Harley is an interesting character so I wouldn't find owning a fig of her one day; it just won't be this one.


Item: Linkin Park Nendoroid Petit set
Series: Linkin Park (band)
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3,810yen
MyFig link.
What. The. Hell. These look so stupid. :/ Sorry, I'm not impressed or interested (this band died to me after they released their Minutes to Midnight album).


So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

6 comments:

  1. I've got the Jubei, Figma Hibiki and a handful of other figs coming, and the Kanu from last month got pushed into this month as well, QQ. I'm not looking forward to the expenditure itself for this month nor next month, but the loot pile in the end will make it all feel worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Kanu, which sucks because it continues to tempts me (I won't repost items from previous month's posts, unless it gets delayed more than twice). My October loot is small, but all the pieces are expensive. >.>

      Delete
  2. Inori and Racing Miku 2011 are on my list this month... Oh and yukata strap, yukata miku nendoroid, sakura miku nendoroid... I like the 2011 design much more than the 2012 because its more mature I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the 2011 design and was on board to order the PVC (more please mature Miku?), but the 2012 is so wonky I love it more! I have a thing for outlandish designs.

      Delete
  3. Oo hoo hoo: Aquamarine's 1/8th IA! So very niiiice (and I did NOT know about it until now).

    Y'know ... I actually don't know what's in the works for my September pre-orders. Hmm. My AA August pre-order is being held up by the Remilia Kourindou fig', but I still consider that an August order. Does my pending acquisition of the Maikaze "A Summer Day's Dream 2" DVD count as September? (brag brag brag)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bragger.

      I thought that Remilia, but without a matching Flandre it doesn't really tempt me as much (now watch, since I've said that....). I am REALLY looking forward to Orchid Seed's Flandre, which I know will be tiny and expensive but it's ADORABLE.

      Delete