Monday, August 6, 2012

Fig Jargon: August 2012


Sorry this month's post is a little late, as I was out of the country. Also, I didn't originally have anything on order for this month, though last month's Duram Sherif got delayed, so my July orders are on hold to ship until she comes in stock (I do so love HLJ's new Private Warehouse option~).



Item: Woody Revoltech
Series: "Toy Story"
Company: Kaiyodo
Price: 2715yen
MyFig link.

This has got to be one of the best figurines EVER MADE, so be sure to snag this re-release!! Of course I own one and photos can be seen here. I'm sure some people are wondering, "Why so much hype for a Woody action fig?" Seriously, do yourself a favor and look at this official promo shot; yes, that IS OFFICIAL.


Item: Sakamachi Kureha 1/4.5 ATBC-PVC & Polyresin Statue
Series: "Mayo Chiki!"
Company: A+
Price: 15800yen
MyFig link.

I really, really want to hit "order" for this, but I keep telling myself to wait and see if she hits the bargain bin, considering that most people hate her. Personally I love the crazed look and if I can, I WILL get her.


Item: Hatsune Miku Support ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: VOCALOID
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 9524yen
MyFig link.

The last figurine produced for GSC's Cheerful Japan! line and wow, is she nice! Her pre-order period came at a really bad time for me (this year hasn't been kind on the wallet and I don't mean figs) so I had to pass. I'm completely jealous of anyone who snagged her.


Item: Hatsune Miku Snow 2012 Fluffy Coat ver. Nendoroid
Series: VOCALOID
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3810yen
MyFig link.

I'll be honest, I really wanted to place an order for this when it came up, but I had to pass due to money. I sadly don't own a Snow Miku. *sigh* However, considering the winning illustration for next year's Snow Miku that may change soon.


Item: Black★Rock Shooter TV Animation ver. Nendoroid
Series: "Black★Rock Shooter"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 3333yen
MyFig link.

While I love most things BRS, this isn't different enough from the original version to warrant getting (in my opinion).


Item: Unchou Kanu Dragon Sword Ver. 2 1/7 PVC
Series: "Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny"
Company: Griffon Enterprises
Price: 7600yen
MyFig link.

As much as I love "Ikki Tousen" I hardly own any merchandise for it. I'd love to have a good Kanu fig and this re-release has a nice "ass"est (harhar, I know that was bad). Passing though, since there's other Kanu's I'd rather have.


Item: Unchou Kanu 1/6 PVC
Series: "Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor"
Company: Daiki Kougyou
Price: 14800yen
MyFig link.

I'd much rather have THIS Kanu, but her price tag keeps me away. *sad face*


Item: Kousaka Tamaki Neuromancer Action figure
Series: "To Heart 2"
Company: Cerberus Project & Yamato
Price: 8800yen
MyFig link.

I know next to nothing about "To Heart" except that I love Tamaki's design. She has quite a few figs out, including this new action one. I'm not sure why her price tag is so high though, so this was an instant pass for me. I'm still waiting on my chance to snag this beautiful version.


Item: Nami Figure Colosseum PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: Banpresto
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.

LOVE IT. The way Nami has her feet positioned is too damn adorable~!! Not to mention her twin tails, yum! Why isn't this on my ordered list?? (ohyeah, because my usual shop doesn't have her :()


Item: Shirahoshi Portrait Of Pirates "Sailing Again" 1/8 PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: MegaHouse
Price: 8800yen
MyFig link.

Re-release two months after the original release, so fast! She is beautiful, but I made a promise to only collect Nami stuff from the series.


Item: Brook Portrait Of Pirates "Sailing Again" 1/8 PVC
Series: "ONE PIECE"
Company: MegaHouse
Price: 7600yen
MyFig link.

Same as above, but this is cool as hell.


Item: Caster EXTRA 1/8 PVC
Series: "Fate/EXTRA"
Company: Phat Company
Price: 7429yen
MyFig link.

Another re-release (sure are a lot of them this month and I'm skipping a lot of "Touhou" ones....). No idea who this is, but I do love me some nekomimi. The fact that she's holding an actual mirror is pretty nifty.


Item: Ukyou non-scale PVC
Series: Original character (based on an illustration by Takanae Kyourin)
Company: Aoshima
Price: 7800yen
MyFig link.

Ohhh, another nekomimi! Why so cute??!!


Item: Retia Adolf 1/8 Swimsuit ver. PVC
Series: "Daiteikoku"
Company: Kaitendoh
Price: 8500yen
MyFig link.

This just makes me giggle. I'd buy it if I could just because.


Item: Naoe Kanetsugu Swimsuit ver. 1/8 PVC
Series: "Hyakka Ryouran"
Company: Alter & Hobby Japan
Price: 7429yen
MyFig link.

Very, very cute, but being an exclusive is a good way to keep me from spending money.


Item: Hinanai Tenshi 1/8 PVC
Series: "Touhou Project"
Company: Kotobukiya & Hobby Japan
Price: 6648yen
MyFig link.

Annndddd, another exclusive. Damn, this is nice.


Item: Kagura Aya 1/7 PVC
Series: "Se Kirara"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 7429yen
MyFig link.

Another series I know nothing about, but DAMN that uniform is adorable!!


Item: Sonico Nurse ver. 1/7 PVC
Series: Nitro Super Sonic
Company: Orchid Seed
Price: 8286yen
MyFig link.

Sexy Soinco! While adorable, I'm passing in hopes of getting a different one in the future.


Item: Uzumaki Naruto DX Figure PVC
Series: "NARUTO Shippuuden"
Company: Banpresto
Price: Has no set price as a prize item
MyFig link.

I haven't really enjoyed "NARUTO" since the time-skip, but he looks pretty bad-ass here.


Item: Mars ~Mukai-san~ non-scale PVC
Series: Original Character (based on an illustration by Miyazaki Maya)
Company: Amie-Grand, Real Art Project, and Yamato
Price: 11100yen
MyFig link.

She's listed at 25cm tall (~9.75in), which makes her around the 1/7 scale. There's something about this design that I really like, and I honestly think its because it reminds me so much of Masakazu Katsura's work (of which there is not enough merch out for).


Item: Touwa Erio 1/8 PC
Series: "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko"
Company: CM's Corporation
Price: 8800yen
MyFig link.

Watched this series. Did not enjoy it at all. So while this is kind of cute, I'm not interested in the least.


Item: Kazama Asuka 1/7 PVC
Series: "Tekken Tag Tournament 2"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 6200yen
MyFig link.

Another in Kotobukiya's Bishoujo Statue line. While I think they usually do good stuff, the final product eyes in almost all of the Bishoujo girls come out looking really, really bad. After what happened with the final version of their Mystique I doubt I'll ever buy a fig from this line (and I'm very happy I cancelled Mystique).


Item: Yuzuriha Inori figma
Series: "Guilty Crown"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3333yen
MyFig link.

See above; this series is only good for a "take a shot every time you see a trope" or "take a shot every minute you wish this series would end" drinking games.


So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

4 comments:

  1. I'll be getting both Kanu figs you posted, both Miku figs, and managed to snag Woody when HS did a midnight restock.

    Agree with the Shunya Yamashita stuff. Although that Asuka is awesome, the face just sorta kills it for me.

    The Neuromancer line figs are pretty big, I think somewhere along the lines of 1/7-1/8 or so. I would have to get my hands on more from that line to pass proper judgement, but my first impression (Ignis) has not put the line in a good light for me - super loose joints, weird materials, spotty looks and proportions in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JEALOUS. Ahwell, I have my eye on some other stuff that calls to me more. Congrats on getting the Woody!

      Have you ever seen any those Bishoujo figs in person? We've seen several at cons and 90% of them have really messed up eyes. Its quite a shame really (but they REALLY f'ed up Mystique BAD).

      Oh, are they that big? Not bad, but I'd rather spend a little more and get a RAH (still need to open my RAH BRS, lol). With the increasing prices of all figs, I'm having to be more choosy and sometimes its worth the extra thousand or so to go up a scale or two.

      Delete
    2. I've seen boxes of the bishoujo line from afar, but never up close. I do want to take a good look at a Psylocke though when I get a chance, she's probably the only one I'd consider getting.

      Those RAHs are so monstrously expensive. I think after this year I'm calling it quits for figures, and going back to my old rule of nothing over $60, which after exchange rates equals nothing but figmas and revoltechs. The only thing I would consider breaking that rule for would be Hot Toys Joker' 2.0, just cause it's so freaking awesome looking. $300 though...

      Delete
    3. I would highly suggest taking a close look before buying. I don't think I've personally seen Psylocke, but I can say that I haven't seen ANY w/ good eyes.

      Ohyeah, they ARE expensive, but so damn nice! But there's very few characters I think are worth the cash, but both BRS versions are one of the few. Heaven help me if they ever did STR, I'd throw so much money at them! XD

      Delete