Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fig Jargon: July 2012



Every month I'll be taking a look at the upcoming figurines for that month and what I like and don't like. Theres a lot set for July, so lets get ready!




Item: Phantom Cat Iris Hallett Creators' Labo 032 Iris 1/6 PVC
Series: Original (based on artwork by Masamune Shirow)
Company: Yamato
Price: 12800yen
MyFig link.

I saw the promo images for this and immediately showed it to my husband and was already ordering it when he said, "I'm ordering this." XD We both love Masamune's artwork and this figurine looks AMAZING. Yamato makes really good figs, so we're both excited for this one (I wonder how big the box will be).



Item: -Iron Princess- Duram Sherif PVC
Series: Original
Company: Embrace Japan
Price: 10000yen
MyFig link.

My husband saw this and flipped, saying he HAD to have it. It is VERY pretty and the facial style is different, which is awesome. The castoff ability and sweet weapon also help.



Item: Yoko Littner PM Prize
Series: "Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann"
Company: SEGA
Price: 1800yen
MyFig link.

I could NOT pass this up, especially for the price; I bet she'll just go up in value after release. I love me some Yoko and this looks so funny. I worry about her possibly leaning, but we'll see what shes like.



Item: Megurine Luka 1/7 Tony ver. PVC
Series: VOCALOID program
Company: Max Factory
Price: 8381yen
MyFig link.

Wantwantwant, but cannot have. Phfft, money. However this DOES look amazing and when my friend's copy gets in I'm going to drool all over it. The only thing that I don't really like is that her face looks REALLY derpy from certain angles. Herpderp!



Item: Miki Sayaka 1/8 PVC
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica"
Company: Good Smile Company
Price: 7429yen
MyFig link.

While I love the series, I knew from Madoka's PVC release I couldn't afford the entire set. Out of all of them I'd like to have Mami and Kyouko the most, but alas, I'm passing on them all. However, each one looks amazing and kuddos to everyone who's picking them up! On another note, I remember the days when you could pick up a 1/5 scale for this price.... *la sigh*



Item: Alisa 1/7 PVC
Series: "God Eater Burst"
Company: PLUM
Price: 7800yen
MyFig link.

I see my husband constantly eying this one, but hes passing due to the already high cost for July. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he buys it later. We know nothing about this character or show, it just looks awesome.



Item: Elfriede 1/7 PVC
Series: Original
Company: Native
Price: 8571yen
MyFig link.

Somehow I missed this fig entirely and since it was made to order, I'm SOL. Hate that, since my husband would have LOVED to have this one. It looks amazing both clothed and unclothed.



Item: BRS TV Animation ver. figma
Series: "Black★Rock Shooter"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3333yen
MyFig link.

I originally had this ordered, but after a few weeks I canceled her. I already own the original figma and this one isn't different enough for me to really want. If they release them I will also pass on Dead Master and Black Gold Saw, but I WILL pick up Chariot and Strength (IF they get produced, we'll see).



Item: Inia Sestina 1/7 PVC
Series: "Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse"
Company: Kotobukiya
Price: 7000yen
MyFig link.

I know NOTHING about this series besides the fact that my husband owns a figurine from it. But damn, THIS IS CUTE. I might have to get this one sometime down the road.



Item: Honma Meiko 1/7 PVC
Series: "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai"
Company: Sentinel
Price: 7429yen
MyFig link.

Passing on this version to pick up Alter's version instead. Its cute, but eehhhh, I like the other better.



Item: Knee Socks 1/8 PVC
Series: "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Company: Alter
Price: 7800yen
MyFig link.

Here's another one I'm "eeehhh" about it. Yes, Alter makes GOOD stuff, but damn, their "PSwG" stuff is boring as hell. :/ I am 1000x more excited for this one of Knee Socks.



Item: Yamada Aoi Nendoroid
Series: "Working!!"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3619yen
MyFig link.

Ohman, I hate having to pass on this one. I originally wanted to get the entire set, but had to pass (I DID order Inami though, MINE). I won't lie though, Yamada tempts me so much because of this. UGHHH.



Item: Akemi Homura School Uniform ver. Nendoroid
Series: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica "
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3333yen
MyFig link.

Ahhhh, want because its so cute!!! I passed, but DAMN this is too cute. Those braids and those glasses!!! \O^O/



Item: Griffith figma
Series: "Berserk"
Company: Max Factory
Price: 3619yen
MyFig link.

Sigh, another one passed due to cost. He's so shiny though. I do love how the armor hides a lot of the joints. May get picked up later.



Item: Ika Musume Nendoroid
Series: "Ika Musume"
Company: Phat Company
Price: 3619yen
MyFig link.

I do love the "Ika Musume" series, if only for the fact that Ika-chan's hair is so awesome (its also fun to see her get constantly beat down). While I liked the figma (just not enough to buy it) I feel like there is just something off about this Nendo. Its cute, but ehhh.



Item: Kousaka Tamaki Tsun Face ver. 1/6 PVC
Series: "To Heart 2"
Company: Daiki Kougyou
Price: 13000yen
MyFig link.

Ohgodthatface. Seriously, this just looks bad all-round, though I do like the eyes. Everything else though just doesn't come together AT ALL. I mean, look at this shot and see just how badly disproportionate everything is. .___.


So what figurines are you looking forward to this month?

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget Figma Samus comes out this month, assuming they don't push her back. Max Factory for the most part is good on release dates, only rarely pushing releases back. Max Factory doing both her and Link have brought lots of attention to the Figma line as of late. Other Figmas this month include the Princess from Mawaru Penguindrum, a rare push back from June, and the Homerun Figma version of the Nendo you linked above.

    Also of note is the 3rd release of the Revoltech Jehuty, this one w/ the vector cannon. Konami must have thrown some bigtime money at Kaiyodo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty much zero interest in Samus, though one friend is ordering her figma and scale PVC. I didn't include it on my list because I really had nothing at all to say about it (hence why you'll never see me talk about mecha model kits). I can't list every figurine each month, so I'm only doing ones that catch my eye.

      The only reason we haven't ordered the Link figma is the price; I think its rather high for getting so little. My husband may change his mind later though.

      The Penguin Princess stuff scares me, to be honest. I skipped her figma listing, but I will probably list her PVC on her release month for a few words (never seen anything from that show).

      Holycrap, ANOTHER Jehuty? We have the original and thats good enough for us, I think. So many item pieces its insane.

      Delete
  2. Like the Yoko Littner figure, but I'm careful to limit meself to certain types of fig's (or I would be broke broke broke and have no space in which to live and sleep).

    1/7th Luka: of COURSE I have her on pre-order; despite the bad angles, this is the best nicely-sized figure of her I know.

    Yamada Nendo: I don't even have to open the link to know which "pose" of whence thou speakest. Bought her on the strength of THAT POSE alone (thence had to acquire the rest of the set).

    Ika Nendo: some figures simply do NOT translate to Nendofication. Ika is one. Panty is one. Not 100% satisfied with Taneshima. But, they're Nendo's so away goes my money.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for Yoko is too strong, so I HAD to order her. If her leg support isn't strong enough I'll send her (and another one) off to have metal rods placed in their legs for better support).

      So long as you don't look at Luka from the bad angles, she is BEAUTIFUL. I wonder which Vocaloid Tony Taka will do next.

      Pictures when you get Yamada!

      Thats probably the reason I'm selling my Panty and Stocking Nendos. >.>

      Delete